Supporting the Women in Finance Charter
Ellis Davies Financial Planning is committed to supporting a fair and ethical workplace for all of our colleagues.
Currently the senior management team at Ellis Davies is 100% male, but diversity is important to us. We will always employ the most suitable person for each job role, irrespective of gender and monitor diversity on applications, however, we are passionate about encouraging more women into our profession, which is generally still predominately male.
About the Charter
The Women in Finance Charter commits financial services firms to support the progression of women into senior management roles to improve gender diversity. This is achieved by requiring firms to set publicly available targets and to report on progress towards them.
Our commitment to gender diversity in our profession
At Ellis Davies we recognise the underrepresentation of women in the profession and the existence of inequality of pay. We want to ensure that we are part of any movement that is working towards changing this.
Our commitments to the HM Treasury Women In Finance Charter
The Charter helps improve opportunities and progression for women and ensures that talent rises to the top in the finance sector regardless of gender.
As a newly established business we are keen to achieve growth as set out in our five year business plan. Our target is to have 25% female representation in senior management roles in Ellis Davies by 2022, this represents what will be our fifth year in business. We have put clear measures in place to help us maintain this.
Our five-point plan to support the Charter includes
- Listening to our colleagues and improving our policies and communication.
- Supporting colleagues through flexible working and professional development.
- Supporting female progression into senior roles, through training, supervision and mentoring.
- Ensuring equal pay between colleagues for the skills they perform, irrespective of gender.
- Reviewing our progress towards our target at each quarterly strategy meeting.